This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who am I?
York Residential Landlords Association. We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z9023693 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be emailed to Karen Burden, Membership Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you
From your membership application we collect the following information about you:
- Company name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential /[and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA] We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Residential Landlord Association (RLA) for members to receive their bi-monthly magazine.
- York RLA’s approved Insurance Company.
- York RLA’s approved printing company – annual York RLA membership cards.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (We may be legally
required to hold some types of information).
To request our full retention schedule please write to York RLA, Innovation Centre, York Science Park, York, YO10 5DG
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at email@example.com
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Address: The Information Commissioner’s Office - Scotland,45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, 2nd floor, Churchill House, Churchill way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH<
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, 3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place,Belfast, BT7 2JB
Telephone: 028 9027 8757
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.